Venture Stories host Erik Torenberg recently interviewed Ike about his “story,” as well as perspectives on NVC. Listen HERE
Teams are where business is done. Whether it is a team within one department, an interdepartmental group, or a team that includes outside parties such as contractors or clients, it is people working together that creates success.
Yet, not all teams are effective. Some groups seem to gel and work together effortlessly, whereas for others, strife and struggle seem to be the norm, with work progressing in fits and starts. Why the difference? What makes an effective team, and more important, how can you and your employees learn to create teams that crystallize instead of clash? [READ FULL ARTICLE]
I’ve just returned from a 5-week trip to Asia, where I facilitated workshops in Seoul, Tapei, Guangzhou, and Beijing all focused on building effective teams in the workplace. Participants came from small-, mid- and large-sized companies. My primary focus going forward is to continue developing and leading trainings focused on teams, and plans are in the works for more workshops here in the United States, as well as Europe and Asia. If you are interested in a custom workshop for your team, please contact me at ikelasater AT me DOT com
For further reading on this topic, I suggest you check out
- My 2010 book, Words That Work in Business: A Practical Guide to Effective Communication in the Workplace
- My recent white paper: “What Makes An Effective Team? Learning the Necessary Skills for Successful Collaboration”
- The Team Effectiveness workshop description
- These resources I’ve gathered of various books and articles exploring the workplace
When your Mind Sabotages Your Dreams: Turning Your Critical Internal Voices into Collaborative Allies by Ike Lasater, John Kinyon, & Julie Stiles is the latest in the Mediate Your Life series, A Guide to Removing Barriers to Communication. When your Mind Sabotages Your Dreams is available for purchase at Amazon in paperback and e-book form. Click HERE to purchase.
When it comes to your dreams, do you ever feel like you have one foot on the gas and one foot on the break?
One of the biggest barriers people face in reaching their dreams is within: the self-sabotaging voices that arise when stepping out in a new way. Yet what if these voices can actually be your allies?
With practical tools and maps, plus real-life examples, When Your Mind Sabotages Your Dreams will help you to:
- Clarify your dreams and how to achieve them
- Identify and befriend the inner voices that stop you
- Create new habits and change ones that get in your way
- Learn how to be resilient in the face of setbacks
- Emerge from judgments of your past actions with new ways forward
- Make strong agreements with yourself … and follow through
- Navigate the process of achieving your dreams with greater ease
If you’re ready to make progress on creating the life you desire, When Your Mind Sabotages Your Dreams provides compelling guidance that will enlist all of your inner voices to act in alignment/take strong action.
Written by authors with 40 years combined experience in a Nonviolent Communication approach to mediation and conflict resolution, who have trained thousands of people worldwide to transform conflict into connection.
If you are interested in reviewing a copy of From Conflict to Connection for your blog or other media outlet, please email us and be sure to include a link to and info about your media outlet, as well as your full contact information.